It has finally happened! After nearly a year and a half of being stubborn, my Basset Hound finally ate dry dog food! I recently reached out to my you about my worries and frustrations over my hound dog refusing to eat dry dog food. The sound of her crunching on kibbles was music to my ears and I couldn’t believe my eyes. What was the trick? Was there a dog fairy that came into my home while I was sleeping to sprinkle her dog bowl with magic dust? No. Here is the answer…
Thank you BLUE dog food for making the impossible, possible. A few months ago I was doing some research and heard all of the fantastic reviews on this dog food. Though the sound of it was appealing to me it certainly didn’t mean it was going to be appealing to my Basset Hound, “Vegas“. Because “Vegas” proved that she can and will eat dry dog food, I finally got the strength to turn away when she is begging for people food. There was a little bit of manipulation on my end; I have to pretend and I am eating the BLUE dog food before I give it to her. (Yes, can you believe it?) Now keep in mind I’ve tried this trick before and the hound dog just looked at the bowl and then would look at me like, “Right! Do you think I am that stupid?” There is something very good about this particular dog food because “Vegas” ate an entire bowl! I then I put another handful into the bowl and she gobbled that up too. Wow! Is this real? Yes!
Though BLUE is a tad more expensive than most dog food, the benefits of what the food offers is worth every penny. I was spending a lot more on the garbage she was eating because after three or four days she got bored with the food. I would throw many bowls of WET dog food away. First of all, I was not happy with the fact that my dog was eating wet dog food. The benefits of dry dog food far outweigh wet food. Since the first BLUE experience the hound dog is still giving me some attitude with it. I am very proud of myself because I won’t budge and give her pizza crust. You have no idea how hard that is for me, but when I think about what is best for my dog I know this is something I have to stay strong with. My dog has to be persuaded to eat her dog food and it is actually quite funny. As long as I pretend that I am nibbling on BLUE, my Basset Hound thinks, “Okay. Maybe it’s not that bad.” (I always try to guess what my dog is thinking.)
If you have a picky dog I highly recommend BLUE. Take it from someone who has a dog that likes dog food as much as a person likes dog food. Since my dog was a puppy she has been a picky eater and it became progressively worse because I spoiled her. As soon as I heard her crunching on BLUE it gave me strength to not give in by making her boiled chicken and giving her pizza crust. If my dog eats her food she is then rewarded with a doggie treat. I know there were many of you that gave me some helpful advice on what I can do to resolve this issue, so I wanted to give you an update. Again, if you have a dog or who is a picky eater, BLUE is the way to go. BLUE also offers a wet food if you typically mix dry and wet together.
Just look how content “Vegas” was after her meal! Look at that ‘lil tongue!
Here are the benefits of BLUE, made by me The Blue Buffalo Company. This is the information taken directly from the bag and the BLUE website:
- De-boned chicken, lamb or fish is the FIRST ingredient
- Wholesome whole grains
- Garden vegetables and antioxidant-rich fruit
- One of the most important ways BLUE distinguishes itself from other pet food brands is with the addition of Life Source Bits. Pet foods cook their added vitamins and minerals right along with the rest of their ingredients. This process can degrade the potency of important antioxidants like Vitamin C up to 75%. Life Source Bits are “cold-formed” to preserve their potency so that your dog or cat enjoys the full benefit of all vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.Life Source Bits contain a precise blend of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists. These include ingredients help support your dog’s or cat’s immune system, support their specific life stage requirements and help maintain a healthy oxidative balance.
- No by-products, no corn, wheat, or soy proteins (glutens)
- No artificial colors, preservatives, or artificial flavors
Does and all of that sounds grrrreat? With so many fantastic benefits for a dog I feel that paying a few more dollars will save me a world of headaches in the future; not to mention the most important aspect – my dog’s health. Team BLUE!