From time to time we all move from one city to another, from an old house to a new one. It is a fairly stressful event for kids and adults as well as their cats and dogs. This means you should prepare not only your staff but also your pet for moving to a new place. As the process of moving and adjusting to a new home can be very tedious.
Today, we’ve prepared for you only the most effective and important tips, which will help to reduce stress for your pets (especially, dogs) when moving to a new house. But first of all, take care of your personal belongings to be able to focus completely on your family and animal. Start with a professional moving company. If you need any kind of advice, we recommend applying to Move Pro LA to get a qualitative advice and consultation on organizing a moving process at the highest level possible.
And now, let’s take care of our little friends – dogs.
Moving with a Dog
Moving with a dog is making sure that he feels comfortable and safe both during transportation and while adjusting to a new home.
- Before the actual moving process, introduce your dog to a new place to let him get used to the setting. Let him see how everything is in and out your new place of living.
- It is a well-known fact that dogs understand when something is happening while you start packing boxes preparing for a move. This can cause a lot of stress for your pet. Consider giving him to a friend or a special night care center when packing boxes and wrapping your furniture.
- Make sure your dog feels good in his own crate. Even if you’re going to travel by car, it is better to place a pet in a crate. A suitable crate is the one in which your dog can stay, lie, and sit in a natural position. And don’t forget to take your dog’s travel kit. It should include water, food, doggy bags, collar, leash, towel, and toys.
- When unpacking in your new house, place your dog’s favorite toys, blankets, and things that smell like your old house in one separate room and place your pet there too. This procedure will help him to adjust to a new place faster.
- After moving to a new place, it is very important to stick to your pet’s normal routine. This helps to settle in much easier. Feed your dog at your normal times. Take him for a walk as much as you normally do.
Hopefully, these tips will help you and your dog to move to a new house without the stress.