According to LifewithDogs
Amy Donaldson was fostering a ginger pit bull named Cherry after a family decided not to adopt her. She was sleeping when Cherry desperately tried waking her up. She jumped and licked Amy’s face until she arose. When she got up, she noticed that her space heater had caught fire, and her home was quickly filling up with smoke. “She’s my favorite flavor of Life Saver, now. She’s Cherry Life Saver,” Amy said.
Honestly we couldn’t be happier for Amy and Cherry. It sounds like a match made in heaven. We’re just so glad that both doggy and mommy are OK. It’s pretty amazing when the good Samaritan is the K9 and not the human. We honestly don’t give dogs enough credit in this world.