A great many of us sometimes nod out, unaware of where we are or what is around us. In this case, one man had fallen asleep with his laptop on his bed, unaware that he had left it on. Over the course of the evening, the laptop grew hotter and hotter until finally, it caught the fabric of the bed on fire. As the man lie there, asleep, the bed started to grow around him. Thanks to one smart dog, that man is alive to tell the tale. This is the story of when the dog saved a man minutes before flames consumed his bed.
Liberty the dog knew something was wrong when she saw the flames and smelled smoke, but Edward Fontaine was fast asleep after a night of making spread sheets. Liberty reacted by nuzzling and pressing her paws firmly into Edward’s chest until he woke up. The smoke was already filling the room and his shirt was starting to catch. By the time they made it downstairs, most of bedroom was on fire. A scary and unimaginable feeling, but the simple fact that they both got out due to the intelligence of one dog makes the story even more remarkable. The best part is, most of the house was spared, and Liberty and Edward were both fine.
Crazy to think of how Edward’s life would have played out had Liberty been not such a key part of it. Goes to show you, the love of a dog can be a life saving thing on a proverbial level, and in this case, on a literal level as well.
(Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images)