There are many different designer dogs out there in the world today. With so many different hybrid dogs to choose from, it sometimes makes your head spin. But one designer dog that has made a real name for itself and has been one of the most popular is the Goldendoodle.
These lovely dogs are very beautiful animals and have been in high demand for many years now. So you would think that finding one to call your very own would be an easy task. But sometimes this isn’t the case. In fact, it can be downright difficult to find quality Goldendoodle Breeders. This is due to the fact that so many people are breeding these dogs, just for profit.
Don’t get me wrong, there are lots of quality breeders out there, but it only takes one bad apple to spoil everything. Due to the overwhelming demand for these dogs and their price, some so called breeders are trying to cash in.
But avoiding these bad people can be easy, if you know what to do. When looking for a new pup to call your own, you’re going to need to ask a lot of questions. You see, questions are a puppy mill owner’s worst nightmare. The more question you ask, the greater the chances that you will expose their operations. Below is a list of questions you should always ask.
- Can I see were you raise your animals? If the answer is no stop dealing with the person.
- Can I see the parents? Same as above, shut down talks and find someone else if the answer is no.
- Who is your Vet? If they can’t answer that one it should send up a red flag.
- Why are your prices much higher than everyone else? You should never pay more than what the dog is worth. These dogs are very special, but they are not rare.
- Why do you have so many different litters to choose from? Most dog breeders will only have one or two litters of pups a year. If the person you are dealing with has 5 litters at the same time, they are probably running a puppy mill.
Image via zackary.wilkins at Flickr.com