Five Things To Ask English Labrador Retriever Breeders
One of the finest of all working dog breeds has to be the retriever family. But the English Labrador Retriever is one that stands out from the rest of the pack. These dogs are simply one of the finest of all retrieving breeds. Each and every year, there are hundreds of people looking to purchase one of these beautiful animals. With that much demand, there is bound to be problems with pour breeding practices. Some people simply want to produce as many puppies as possible to turn a quick buck.
Today we are going to go over five things that you should always ask English Labrador Retriever Breeders before laying down any of your hard earned money.
- The first thing that most people forget to ask is about worming practices. Many less moral breeders will skip worming all together. So make sure to ask about their worming schedule and which medications they are using. This will ensure that you are getting a healthy puppy to take home with you.
- Also make sure to get a list of all vaccinations the puppies have had. This is really important because many diseases can harm younger dogs. If being raised in a kennel like environment, having the puppies vaccinated is even more important.
- When do you wean your puppies? This too is important. If the breeder weans too early, it could be a sign that they are just in it for the profit. Letting nature take its course is always the best option and will ensure that the puppies are healthy and strong.
- Which Vet do you use? This is important information to have. You can call their Vet and verify that the dog you are about to purchase, has been seen and given a clean bill of health. Many Vets will gladly share this information with you and even give you a positive review of the breeder.
- Ask about any health related issues that the parent animal has faced. This will give you a good idea about what to expect out of the dog you are going to be bringing home.
Image via TonetteB at Flickr.com