It might look cute if your dog is chomping on grapes or raisins but it’s important to note that grapes and raisins put dogs at a major health risk. Many people, including veterinarians weren’t aware that grapes and raisins have a strong link to kidney failure in dogs. And now it’s safe to say that think strong link is leading more veterinarians to ask their patients “has your dog recently been eating grapes or raisins?”
Scientists still aren’t 100% sure what the causing agent is but so far it’s been identified as being in the flesh of the fruits. Skin or inside the skin don’t really seem to make a difference as far as toxicity goes. It’s also unknown how all dogs will react to eating grapes or raisins.
Some dogs can ingest plenty without issue at all. However some can ingest tiny amounts leading to serious problems. The bottom line is keep your dogs away from grapes and raisins.