There is a famous saying that goes something like, “dog is the only living beings that will ever love you more than they love themselves. We often wonder if dogs could talk, what would they say? Based on facial expressions we sometimes guess. Here are 10 Canine Commandments. Something we should all read closely and take to heart.
All too often dog owners blame the dog for being “mean” or having a “bad attitude”. I am a firm believer that, just like kids, a dog will act out on learned behavior. If a dog is abused, why do people expect them to be nice? just because a dog is a dog doesn’t mean they should be treated any differently when training them on manners. Take for example a Pit Bull: Yes! You’ve seen stories of these precious dogs ripping people apart, so they have a bad reputation. What people do not realize is that many Pit Bulls are rescued from BAD situations.
The Pit Bulls that attack their owners? I don’t know if you agree with me, but the owners had to be handling the dog improperly or perhaps had no patience when it came to the Pit Bull being a bit stubborn. Pits are known to be very sensitive. My best friend had a red-nosed pit bull and he was a bundle of love. His name was “Cash” and he was all about love. Unfortunately, “Cash” was killed in a hit-and run. Case in point? There are people that just don’t care about animals. Treat your dog with love and you will have the same given back, triple fold.
Our babies are here for a few reasons: To love their owners, to be playful, funny,to be our best friends, and to get us through hard times. They do not ask for anything in return but the 10 Dog Commandments.
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be difficult. Please keep that in mind before you bring me to my new home.
2. Please have patience so I can understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. I trust you with everything I have
4. Do’t be mad with me and lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, social life and family. I only have you.
5. Even if I don’t understand your words, will you still talk to me. I know your voice and it makes me happy.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I’ll will always remember it.
7. I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you, because I love you.
8. Before you scold me for being stubborn, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps my dog food isn’t right for me, Ive been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting weak. But my love remains the same.
9. Take care of me when I am old. You will be old too one day.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, “I can’t bear to watch it“, or, “Let it happen in my absence.”Everything is easier to handle for me if you are there.
You can also read:
- 10 Things You didn’t Know about The Manchester Terrier
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know about The American White Shepherd
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Cadoodle
- 10 Bugs You Never Want in your House if you Have a Dog
- 10 Things you Didn’t Know about The Yochon